Saturday, April 13, 2013

Springtime in Paris

 
 
It has been 20 years since I traveled to Paris, but it left such an imprint on my heart that I will never forget that beautiful city.  A few months ago, I decided to create a Paris corner in my booth.  The few French items I had collected over the years were not nearly enough for a good showing, so I went on a search for more French goodies to add to my booth. 
 
 
There is nothing like a good treasure hunt!  I found a few items locally, but it fell short of what I wanted for the new little Paris section of "Vintage Inspired."  So... I made a list of Paris-inspired ideas that I wanted to  create ( I am a list-maker extraordinaire).  After I  scoured all my favorite blogs and vintage websites for ideas, I got busy creating.  I hope you enjoy the Parisian tour of my booth!
 
 
The top of this antique dresser holds a ton of oh-la-la stuff!
 
 
 
 
These little drawstring gift bags were so much fun to make.  No two are alike and all are adorned with vintage lace, buttons, and Paris-inspired stamps.  The drapery rings are so handy in my booth.  I use them to hang small lightweight things like bags, cards, and flowers.
 
 
A wire basket holds several of the pillows I made from old lace and linen scraps.   My collection of rubber stamps is getting a real workout on this project!
 
 
These little hand-designed journals have been a good seller.  I am finally using up some of my scrapbooking supply stash.  Each journal is covered with  flowers, buttons, lace and of course beautiful paper with a French flair.
 
 
A little French hen with lots of vintage lace and old buttons.
 
 
The Eiffel Tower and French white frames!

 
A suitcase full of frames surrounded by lace.
 
 
My dear friend even joined in the fun by making this
fabulous Paris scrapbook.  I hope you have enjoyed this
little "Vintage Inspired" tour de France with me.
 


1 comment:

  1. How cute, your corner of your booth is adorable. Paris seems to be so hot now in the market place now

    Carol

    ReplyDelete